Life is short then do what brings happiness to life.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Greeting


Sawatdee kha! is Thai greeting. It is same as  Hi, Hello, Good morning, Good afternoon and Good evening . We do not have a specific word in different time, so just "Sawatdee" in anytime and also for good bye.


There are 2 words show sex of a person who speak. I would like to talk also, both words make the sentences soft and polite.

1. Kha= for women say include girls for example; Sawatdee kha. Kob khun kha ( means Thank you.)

2.Krab =  for men include boys for example  Sawatdee Krab.  My name is Tom krab.


Body language for Sawatdee is bowing hands and bend your head. There are  3 levels for this issue :

1. Greeting a person or people who older: we will bowing hands at the chest level and bend the  head to touch the big fingers.

2. Greeting a person or people who has same age : we will bowing hands at  the chest level and just move head down little ,not bend head down to touch big fingers.

3. Greeting a person or people  whom are younger : Thai traditional  younger person/people  give respect / greeting  to a person/people who older first with bowing and older person/people respons as greeting to a person/people who has same age, or just say Sawatdee without bowing.


PS:
 I talk inThai and English because only 2 langueages I speak dairy. I would like to learn other languages too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am here! don't know where to start. Anyway,thank you for inviting me to join your blog.It is really great idea for practicing English. I will keep in touch with your blog.
    Talk to you later....^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. I already sent invitation to you so please check your email. I appreciate if you share some thing on the blog too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete