Life is short then do what brings happiness to life.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

keep...

# keep a stiff upper lip =  not afraid, brave ไม่กลัว / กล้าหาญ

# keep a straight face =  the face does not show emotion สีหน้าไม่แสดงอารมณ์ / หน้าเฉย

# keep an eye on = look at something, someone  จับตามอง

I want to go to the bathroom please keep an eye on my bag .
ฉันจะไปห้องน้ำ ช่วยดูกระเป๋าให้ด้วยนะ

You need to keep an eye on that boy because I am afraid he is going to steal something.
คุณต้องคอยดูเด็กชายคนนั้นไว้เพราะฉันเกรงว่า เขากำลังจะโขมยของ


# keep an eye out = keep watching for someone is coming คอยดูคนที่กำลังจะมา

Everyone is in the class room except Ked, then the teacher told students to keep an eye out for Ked.
ทุกคนในอยู่ในห้องเรียนยกเว้นเกด คุณครูบอกจึงบอกให้นักเรียนทุกคนคอยดูว่าเกดมาหรือยัง

I ask my friend to keep an eye out for my husband if he comes home because I want to surprise his birthday.
ฉันบอกให้เพื่อนคอยดูว่าสามีของฉันจะมาหรือยัง เพราะฉันต้องการเซอร์ไพรส์วันเกิดเขา


2 comments:

  1. "keep and eye on"

    I think I have many chances to use this phrase. I will try to say, thank you for new easy idiom. ( new for me )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. I am glad it is useful for you.

    ReplyDelete