Life is short then do what brings happiness to life.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

why foreigner do not understand me?

I took this topic from my Thai friend's blog in Thai  .

The main problem is Pronunciation because Thai language does not have sound at the end of word and does not say the word up through the nose.

For example the word Salad

Thai says : saaa-lad
English says: sae-lad

When speak English in Thai way sounds like the music in flat tone but English is different such as the sound of the end of word ; t, ch, sh, k... when say wrong sound it could be the different word in different meaning and also the word need to stress in some syllable for example Photography  stress at the second syllable (-to) which I have the problem with this point because I do not know where to stress in anyword.

What about other languages?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me. Kinda confuse at the beginning but I am sure I will do better in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome sis. It is my honor to have you as a member in the blog, so please feel free to share your experiences and whatever you know with me.

    ReplyDelete