Basic English, speaking , writing, reading, understanding good enough to communicate.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Nightstand

 


Original

I bought the first nightstand at BJs and assemble it at home. The wooden round nightstand, Hazelnut Table. There are three pieces in a box. The box is: Small square cardboard box, compact and manageable. The table sizd is top piece Ratdius 12” x Height 22’ 2 bottom piect Radius 14”, those are inside the box.I carried the box upstairs easily and unpack, put pieces together but I screwed the wrong side of the pole. The screw was longer than the hole under the top panel then I broke it. 


After I finished assamble the nightstand, I put many of smiley stickers cover the damage in center of the top piece. Then, I took the old wooden table rectancular 18x22x18(heigh) no drawers, notthing under just a simple table away and replacing with the new round nightstand. I show my husband when he came home. He like it but I pointed him the one with drawers would be better. 


Later, I ordered a new one as I meantioned on eBay. It delievered fully assembled with a big and heavy box. I moved it by myself from the front door inside the house to feel how heavy it was.  If I needed to wait for helping from my husband which I did not want to do that. After rolled it once, ya, it was very heavy but I wanted to surprise my husband and showed him the completed replacement nightstand then I evaluated myself and decided to roll the box upstairs 14 steps carpet covered to the bed room. The stairs are right in front of the door that gave me energy of a short distance to push the box on the stairs right away. 


I unbox, moved the white drawer and put the drawer knobs in place then removed the round wooden befroe replacing the new white nightstand. The size 16x22x22(height) . the box are bigger then the items in the boxes.

I showed my husband a new white nightstand with two drawers, when he got home from work. Additionally, I told him that I took photos of the damanges from deliver and reported unsmoothly sliding of the top drawer to the seller. I had intention to keep it and it would be good if the seller refund me partially. I am proud at myself and my husband was happy with the white nightstand with drawers.


Additionally to protect the damage at the round table, I got a clear plastic protector put on the table to prevent the hitting, attaching the damage spot and causing the worse.
The truth is I am protecting my husband that he might get hurt from that damage even I put the stickers on top. The plastic is the best choice for the double safety.

Note: I paid $71 and I got $50 refund right away after reported.


---

Look at the two storyboards. Can you spot the mistakes?

AI fixed


I bought my first nightstand at BJ's and assembled it at home. It was a wooden round nightstand called the Hazelnut Table. There were three pieces in the box. The box was a small square cardboard box, compact and manageable.

The table size was: a top piece with a 12-inch radius, a height of 22 inches, and two bottom pieces with a 14-inch radius. All of those pieces were inside the box.

I carried the box upstairs easily, unpacked it, and put the pieces together. However, I screwed the pole in on the wrong side. The screw was longer than the hole under the top panel, and I damaged it.

After I finished assembling the nightstand, I covered the damage in the center of the top piece with many smiley-face stickers.

Then, I removed the old wooden table, a simple rectangular table measuring 18 x 22 x 18 inches (height), with no drawers and nothing underneath. I replaced it with the new round nightstand.

I showed it to my husband when he came home. He liked it, but I pointed out that the version with drawers would be better.

Later, I ordered a new one, as I mentioned on eBay. It was delivered fully assembled in a big, heavy box.

I moved it by myself from the front door into the house to see how heavy it was. If I had needed help from my husband, I would not have been able to surprise him, and I did not want that. After rolling it once, I realized it was very heavy, but I wanted to surprise my husband and show him the completed nightstand replacement. I evaluated the situation and decided that I could roll the box upstairs. The bedroom is up 14 carpeted steps. The stairs are directly in front of the front door, which gave me confidence because it was only a short distance to push the box onto the stairs.

I unboxed it, moved the white nightstand into place, attached the drawer knobs, and removed the round wooden nightstand before replacing it with the new white one. The size was 16 x 22 x 22 inches (height). The box was bigger than the item inside.

I showed my husband the new white nightstand with two drawers when he got home from work.

Additionally, I told him that I had taken photos of the delivery damage and reported that the top drawer did not slide smoothly to the seller. I intended to keep the nightstand, and I thought it would be nice if the seller offered a partial refund.

I was proud of myself, and my husband was happy with the white nightstand with drawers.

Additionally, to protect the damaged spot on the round table, I bought a clear plastic protector and placed it on top of the table. I did not want anything to hit the damaged area and make it worse. The plastic protector was the best choice for double protection.

Note: I paid $71 and received a $50 refund immediately after I reported the issues.


A few interesting corrections

assemble → assembled

  • "I bought the first nightstand and assemble it"
  • ✅ "I bought the first nightstand and assembled it"

assamble → assembling

  • Common spelling mistake.
  • ✅ assemble (verb)
  • ✅ assembled (past tense)
  • ✅ assembling (continuous form)

He like it

  • ✅ "He liked it."

I am proud at myself

  • ✅ "I was proud of myself."
  • We say proud of, not proud at.

damanges

  • ✅ damage (usually uncountable here)
  • ✅ delivery damage

No comments:

Post a Comment