Life is short then do what brings happiness to life.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2021

My vacation

It was a story I wrote when studied ESL back in 2021

 Summer road trip 2021


Edited

Our destination was "Yellow Stone" and after that going back home in North Dakota before heading back to Newark, Delaware.

We spent 2 weeks and were tired but really fun. I took many photos.

Our trip started on June 30th and finished on July 8th. It was a hard first night in West Virginia after a big storm. We did not realize how bad it was until we got there and found out; no power in the  whole town, no gas and also no hotel  available. We drove from 8:30pm. and got to the hotel in Kentucky about 1:30 am.

We went to Harpers Ferry Historic in West Virginia, Natural Bridge in Kentucky, The Gate Way Arch in St.Louis, went up to the top and also road the helicopter tour there. We stopped at Black Hill in South Dakota from short to meet a Thai friend who I knew on facebook before we left home two days. After that, we went to Mt. Rushmore which was my second time. From there, we headed to Wyoming to rest for the night.

The next day, we were at Grand Teton and decided to hike around the lake. My husband told me, it took 4 hours to walk but we finished at 6 and held hours. Could you imagine how tired I was? In the beginning, it was fun walking and taking photos but after that I was worried if the  bear came somewhere to attack me while my husband walked far from me but I survived. I was really exhausted and starving. My legs were shaking and my stomach was making noise. I could not stand while waiting for the table in a restaurant.

After Grand Teton, we went to Yellow Stone which was not really far and used the same pass, paid one pass two. Yellow Stone has many Falls, Geysers Mud volcanos and wild animals. We saw dears, moose, bison buffalos. My husband said, " We need to stay at least two months instead of two days then we could hike all trails and see more falls".

On our way to hotel, we passed Bighorn national historic  and a beautiful falls. It was an extra for us without being planed. I saw the sign " Top of the world" and thought why? And then I realized, it was not the real top of the world but we were on the highest spot which could not see and mountains around that looked like on the " Top of the world". In this way, we saw a baby fox. I was really exciting because different from the zoo but nature.

A week later, we spent time with his family in North Dakota and went back home. We changed our plan to visit Chicago because of a big rain. On our way back home, we stopped by my two friends along our way, one in Wisconsin and other one in Pittsburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment